- This article is about the Goblin Slayer series. You may be looking for the character.
Goblin Slayer (ゴブリンスレイヤー, Goburin Sureiyā) is a Japanese fiction series written by Kumo Kagyu (蜗牛くも) with multiple adaptations.
The Light Novel is illustrated by Noboru Kannatuki (神奈月昇), and a manga adaptation by Kōsuke Kurose is serialized in the Monthly Big Gangan magazine, and a prequel manga by Kento Eida runs in Young Gangan. Both the light novel series and manga adaptations have been licensed by North American publisher Yen Press since December 20, 2016. There are currently five volumes published in English.
For the chronological timeline of the progress of the Goblin Slayer series until now, including related events, visit this page.
A young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It’s the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue – a man who’s dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there’s no telling who might come calling next.
- Main Article: Goblin Slayer!
The light novels are written by Kumo Kagyu and illustrated by Noboru Kannatsuki. The series was originally published online. SB Creative published the first volume under their GA Bunko imprint on February 15, 2016.
- Main Article: Goblin Slayer (Manga)
Drawn and written based on the Goblin Slayer series' Light Novel plot. With character designs from Noboru Kannatuki, a manga adaptation with the art illustrated by Kōsuke Kurose began serialization in the June 2016 issue of Square Enix's seinen manga magazine Monthly Big Gangan on May 25, 2016. Currently, there are three known manga adaptations:
- Goblin Slayer (Drawn by Kōsuke Kurose)
- Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One (Drawn by Kento Eida)
- Goblin Slayer: Brand New Day (Drawn by Masahiro Ikeno)
- Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2: Tsubanari no Daikatana (TBA)
- Main Article: Goblin Slayer (Anime)
Based on the Light Novels, the Goblin Slayer series had its own anime television series with 12 episodes. An anime adaptation by White Fox was announced at the "GA Bunko 2018 Happyō Stage" presentation at the Wonder Festival event, and premiered on October 6, 2018. The series is broadcast by Crunchyroll with Funimation streaming.
- So far, two songs have been composed for the first season of the anime in the Goblin Slayer series. The opening theme song is Rightfully by Mili and the ending theme song Gin no Kisei (銀の祈誓, "Silver's Oath") by Soraru.
- The characters in this story do not carry proper names but are instead named by their class/professions.
- According to Kumo Kagyu in an interview, the motif of Goblin Slayer came from American Comics like "Batman" and "The Punisher".